Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Email this to someoneShare on LinkedIn

Update! Kindlepedia, the popular book building tool we created here at EduKindle several years ago, has been upgraded to our eReadUps tool. If you want to create multi-chapter books for your Kindle, give eReadUps a try. Search for articles on any topic you want, select multiple articles to format in a single book, and create your eReadUp!

eReadUps Header

25 comments for “Kindlepedia

1. willd
    September 22, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Hi, go over to and try. We do have support for different languages on that free tool. More available functions that Kindlepedia. Enjoy! Will

2. willd
    September 22, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Hi G.P., sorry for the inconvenience. Please travel over to to use the latest version of the script. Still free, but you can include up to three Wikipedia articles in your book. Enjoy! Will

3. G P Witteveen
    September 4, 2012 at 11:30 am

Periodically I come to K’pedia to prepare documents from wikipedia for my kindle reading. But today the display box (java insertion space?) won’t display on IE 8.0 and Windows XP; nor on Win7. Is IE no longer supported?

4. August 9, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Amazing work. I have downloaded some biographies for read at bus.

Works only for english version of WikiPedia, or I’m missing something?

5. willd
    March 8, 2012 at 10:08 am

Hi Mark, we missed a change in Google’s search result reporting but it is now fixed at eReadUps. Will check on Kindlepedia. Thanks for the heads’ up!

6. Mark Z
    February 28, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Both the Kindlepedia and the ereadups websites seem to be broken. I have not been able to use them for awhile. Are they still supported?

7. River
    December 22, 2011 at 5:07 am

I tried to convert this page, it was fast, but there are some errors: it didn’t show the subheadings and the special characters, like the universal quantifier (an inverted “A”), etc.

Hope you address this too. Thanks a lot and keep it up!

8. November 15, 2011 at 1:39 am

Hello, Neat post. There’s an issue with your website in internet explorer, could test this? IE still is the market leader and a good section of other people will pass over your great writing because of this problem.

9. April 26, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Wow! I read about this in a kindle book! Its amazing! Much easier then printing all the wiki pages to a pdf and then converting them! Thanks!

10. December 15, 2010 at 9:05 am

Terrific idea Will.

11. willdela
    November 1, 2010 at 7:32 am

Dave, thanks for the input. Try building your book at, which is our currently supported site for building books. I do want to fix Kindlepedia’s issues, like the one you mention, but I can’t promise a timeline for that. I am sending you the eReadUps version for your reference. This service is free for building books like Kindlepedia.

12. Dave
    October 31, 2010 at 7:15 pm

The results look good on my Kindle, but it appears to have stripped out all of the section headings. For example, in, the title of the page (“TARDIS”) is in the mobi document, but not any of the boldface section headings (“Conceptual history,” “General characteristics,” etc.) in the rest of the article.

13. vorona
    October 26, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Great tools but don’t work with french pages :(

14. willd
    June 10, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Thanks, Cat! We’re working on it!

15. Cat
    June 2, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Used to be great. Now… very slow or unable to complete request.

16. Roy
    December 28, 2009 at 10:04 am

Thanks it is a great script. The picture however does not seem to make it correctly. I saw the same problem with
    The URL I used to test conversion was

17. willd
    October 24, 2009 at 11:00 am

Sorry for the inconvenience–we are working on the problem! Thanks for using Kindlepedia!

18. October 24, 2009 at 2:06 am

First when i found this i was really happy, as i read wikipedia a lot and now i could do that on my kindle.

But when ever i try to convert any article it never works. Download button does come but when i click on it, page not found (404 error) comes up.

Please fix this soon.

19. willd
    August 14, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Hi Philip–thanks for the comment. That is exactly the kind of thing that Kindlepedia was created to do. Hope it added to your experience!

You know, under the GFDL you are required to append the complete license to each use in order to conform to the terms. But good news! Wikipedia just adopted the Creative Commons license that does allow the solution you mention. We will make adjustments to the files soon. We’ve been busy on an upgrade to the whole system that we plan to launch in September.

20. Philip Mulrane
    August 12, 2009 at 5:12 pm

this is great! I visited an art exhibition at the weekend with my family, and I downloaded the Wikipedia articles on the various artists onto my Kindle before I went. One wee point, does the entire license have to be appended to every download? Wouldn’t a link to the main license + a summary be enough?

21. willd
    June 25, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Hi Burt, I just checked it with Firefox and IE and it seems to be working ok. Try using the complete Wikipedia URL to make sure you aren’t getting a disambiguation page from Wikipedia (which happens if it can’t tell which topic you are looking for among several choices). We will check further to try to diagnose the problem.

22. Burt
    June 24, 2009 at 10:30 pm

Kindlepedia doesn’t seem to work.
    I just get “gibberish”.

23. June 17, 2009 at 5:13 am

Very very interesting: building the future of education! I’m still an absolute beginner … but I’m a believer, and Edukindle gives me wings with Kindlepedia.

24. willd
    June 15, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Hi Pierre–thanks for the comment. We are looking at other languages for future development. The tool does create files that can be loaded on other devices and folks like you get that. Glad you find it useful! Will

25. June 15, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Thanks! This is a great script.

The name might be a bit confusing though since the result isn’t limited to use on the Kindle. Any eBook reader that reads MOBI-files can open the results.

Would it be possible to mod the script a bit so that it also accepts non-English Wikipedia URLs?
    For example:
    Currently it just throws an error if I try that.

Thanks again for this useful resource!