Downloads

The following are files that have been formatted for viewing on your Kindle. In order to view these files, click on the article link and download to your computer, connect to your Kindle with the USB cord, and drag into the “documents” folder on the Kindle. The article will appear in the menu once you have disconnected the Kindle from your computer and will be labeled “new.” Sources for each article are indicated in parentheses.

>>>Get the download of President Barack Obama’s Inaugural Address formatted for the Kindle here.

Productivity Downloads

• The NEWEST! Planner 2009 for Kindle – This utility for your Kindle makes it possible to record important dates for the year in a day planner format. Divided into months and weeks, Planner 2009 uses Kindle’s notetaking function to help you record reminders directly to your Kindle and review them individually or for the whole year at once. Planner 2009 for Kindle includes a “Year at a Glance” page, and “Directions for Use.” More versatile than Calendar when it comes to recording important dates for the year, but still easily navigable with the fully linked start page, Planner 2009 for Kindle adds another functionality to the Kindle you know and love. Download for free!download_dark
  • Even NEWER! Calendar for Kindle – a file for your Kindle that provides a month-by-month calendar for 2009, all the major dates for the year on a separate page, and a Notepad-like page where you can make notes on YOUR important dates–birthdays and the like. Download for free right here.
  • NEW! EduKindle Notepad – a download for your Kindle that provides you with a place to create and save personal notes for your Kindle – you can also get instructions on how to use EduKindle Notepad by downloading the Notepad Instructions file and transferring it to your Kindle with the Notepad file – when you open Notepad, you will see a note icon next to the title at the top – click on the Menu and select “My Notes and Marks” to read the Notepad instructions – you can then delete the note if you wish!

Literary Downloads

• Download G. K. Chesterton’s The Man Who Was Thursday right here.
  • A Special Holiday Download – Stave Five of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol – a gift for you right here. We hope you enjoy this, the final chapter of Dickens’ classic, capturing the spirit of Christmas morning and the sense of wonder that comes over Scrooge.

Professional Downloads

Newsworthy Events!

An eReadUp on the life and times of the original easy rider, Dennis Hopper – here.

A Kindle Read Up on the Moscow Subway Bombings here.

22 comments for “Downloads

1. MakeABetterKindlePlease
    December 29, 2008 at 6:11 pm

Please make the Amazon Kindle a better design than what I’ve seen in previews of the Kindle 2.0.

Kindle needs to rid itself of that giant ugly keyboard. It needs to place the page turn buttons in a place where they won’t get continuously touched. Until they make design improvements — and I’ve seen the 2.0 and I am NOT impressed — I will not be purchasing one.

Amazon, the thing looks clunky and unappealing. The bottom of it is wasted space taken up by a keyboard. The big “improvement” in the 2.0 version is the rounded corners and circular keys on the keyboard. That is NOT a design improvement.

You need to study Apple or Sony for good design and mimic them!

2. Randy
    December 30, 2008 at 3:04 pm

I bought Calendar for Kindle. When you say “month by month calendar” are you referring to the page that shows all twelve months at once? Or is there a way to show one month at a time?

Also, is entering special days, such as birthdays, similar to entering a “note?”

3. admin
    December 30, 2008 at 6:10 pm

Thanks for downloading the Calendar. Yes, I intended “month-by-month” to refer to the page with all of 2009 shown. As for keeping your dates, you are right–just make a “note” next to the appropriate indicator (for example, “birthdays”) and record your reminder there. Then you can read it by clicking “My Notes and Marks” while the Calendar file is open.

If you save the “.mbp” file (same name as the Calendar file, just different file type) that you can see in your Kindle documents folder onto your computer next year before loading Calendar for 2010, it will preserve the dates that you have saved for 2009. I will provide more detailed instructions on this if you would like.

Do you think a listing of the months on a separate page (e.g. “January,” “February,” etc.) would be a useful feature? All suggestions welcome!

4. Sharon Lingenfelter
    January 8, 2009 at 8:34 pm

I would use this calendar more if there was a page per week or month. I use a planner alot and was hoping I could just use this but I can’t.

5. Gayle
    January 28, 2009 at 2:07 pm

I d/l both the Notepad and the Planner 2009. I was looking for something for my Kindle as I wait to get a ‘smart phone.’ First the Planner 2009, this is wonderful addition to the Kindle. It took me a few mintues to figure out how I wanted to do the notes for each week and then enter that data that I wanted. I am not just keeping holidays and birthdays but also any appointment that I have. Since I take my kindle with me all the time, when I need to set up another appointment I can quickly check and see if the time and day are free. I don’t have the bulk of a paper day planner to worry about.
    The Notepad is great. It is right there to write down things that I need to remember. If was any one thing I would like to change it would be to be able to change the ‘title’ from Note 1 to a name that would remind me of why I wrote that note. So far I have not had a problem.
    Both of these additions to my Kindle have proved to be very valuable.

6. February 7, 2009 at 9:05 am

Thanks for making these utilities free. I’ve downloaded a copy of two of them and will try them out.

Thanks again.

7. February 7, 2009 at 7:02 pm

I’m tried to download the calendar and the notepad and I’m not having any luck at all? Does anyone know if it can be downloaded to a mac and then added to the kindle? Thanks!

8. willd
    February 8, 2009 at 11:20 am

Hi Deb–not sure about the Mac question but I can email them to you if you would like.

9. February 16, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Thanks for offering to email them to me, I found them on the amazon site for an amazingly low price, I hope you get payment for them. That way they were sent to me through whispernet which worked really well.

10. 3-Pack
    February 23, 2009 at 9:51 am

To download for you Mac, hold down the option key on you keyboard while you press the download button. The file prc should go straight to you download folder.

11. Sharon Rawls
    June 7, 2009 at 6:23 pm

Is the planner for Kindle 2 – will installing it create any problems with Kindle/Amazon updates?

12. willd
    June 7, 2009 at 6:29 pm

Hi Sharon,

The Planner is just a document that you are adding to the Kindle/2 and then annotating using the “notes” function on the Kindle. It won’t interfere with updates any more than any other document you have loaded on the device, meaning not at all! Enjoy!

Will

13. Woody
    December 23, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Are there any plans for a 2010 Planner ??

14. willd
    December 24, 2009 at 9:42 am

Yes! I will have it up next week. Thanks for reminding me…;-)

15. Cindy
    January 3, 2010 at 9:26 am

I am also ready for the 2010 planner! Thanks!

16. elaine
    October 17, 2010 at 12:22 pm

i am ready for the 2011 calendar too!

17. November 12, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Awesome collection of kindle downloads – do you know if they all work ok on the latest generation kindle. I am putting together and blog post and want to include them.

18. Tammy
    January 25, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Please update the planner for 2011.

19. Wallblom
    April 23, 2011 at 8:56 pm

I would really like to buy your notepad application. But its not available anywhere. A shame really =/

20. October 19, 2011 at 7:26 am

thanks, I just needed something like EduKindle Notepad to create notes
    thanks :)

21. none ya bisness
    December 27, 2011 at 5:45 pm

thank god for this notepad I don’t know what I would do without it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. February 2, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Thanks for Notepad ap.
    No plans for update calendar or planner?