Dan Cooper at Engadget put this question to his readers. What did they come up with?
1. Bring back the page turn paddles (er, buttons): The desire to limit physical movement to a minimum while reading seems to be the motivator here.
2. Why no ePub, really? Could the Kindle do it? In its sleep. Could Amazon do it? Not in the business plan.
3. Remote control for page turning. (See #1.)
4. Make the books cheaper. (Not really the PaperWhite’s problem.)
5. Higher resolution screens. Sharper is better!
6. Add a color screen. That’s been on the to-do list since about 2008. Technology and profitability do not seem to have coincided on this one yet.
7. Let us load ePubs. (Some things just bear repetition.)
What are your “wants” for the Kindle Paperwhite? Add your ideas in the comments below and we will tweet the best ones to our followers on Twitter! Follow EduKindle on Twitter.
See the original article here: